Welcome to Special Education
Special Education services provide a coordinated set of instruction and supports that will enable every student, regardless of their ability, to become an active, contributing member of the community.
In the Cashmere School District, we:
- Aim to provide an education for our students in a school community that embraces diverse learners.
- Make every attempt to educate students with special education needs in the least restrictive environment.
- Ensure that a continuum of student needs based on individual assessment data (social/emotional, academic, communication, fine motor, gross motor) and parent input, is what forms the foundation for inclusive education services.
- Believe that successful Inclusion is operationalized through Professional Learning Community (PLC) members who support each other in reviewing data, differentiating instruction, providing accommodations, modifications and supplementary aids and services in an effort to foster school-wide success.
This program planning option is offered at no cost to the parents for students age 3 to 21. Examples of services include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Early identification and assessment of disabilities
- Psychological services for educational assessment
- Modification of the course material within the regular classroom
- Small-group instruction
- Speech/language therapy
- Career/vocational education
- Physical therapy
- Vision and hearing screening
- Orientation and mobility services
Child Find is a national program available through the public schools for identifying students with special needs. Children and young adults may qualify for services if they have delays in speech, language, fine motor, gross motor, and/or learning, or whose learning is impacted by vision, hearing and mobility.
This screening is for children under the age of 21 who have speech, gross motor, fine motor, health or developmental concerns, who are not already enrolled in school and have not graduated from high school.
Please click HERE for more information.